Protect My Ministry is integrated with Planning Center for ordering background checks and child safety training. Any package available in Ministry Mobilizer can work with Planning Center.
The attached user guide provides instructions for connecting your Ministry Mobilizer account to Planning Center and how to manage applicants. Because the video does not show the connecting of Planning Center with Ministry Mobilizer, please be sure to follow the instructions below. You can view the full user guide for more information on this integration.
Connecting Ministry Mobilizer to Planning Center
To connect Ministry Mobilizer (Protect My Ministry) with your Planning Center account for the first time, click ‘+ Order’ from the Pipeline or the ‘+ Background Check’ option in Background Checks. You will be prompted to enter your Planning Center account credentials. You must be an admin user in PC to synchronize the account correctly with PC. Do not create child users who do not have admin or manager permissions with access to create/edit notes or your notes will not update in PC correctly.
Your account is now connected. Periodically, you will be prompted to allow Protect My Ministry to continue connecting with your Planning Center Account. This is normal and to be expected every 90 days (about 3 months).
Using the electronic consent form
Go to Pipeline, + Order and search by ‘exact’ last name/first name for the applicant you wish to import. We are not able to search by partial names unfortunately so if you spell the name incorrectly, it will not find them.
- If your applicant is found, their information will appear, and you will have the option to import them.
- If the applicant has already been imported previously, you will see the “Order” link instead of “Import”.
- Clicking the “Order” link will then give you the option to send the consent form email.
- Clicking the ‘Import’ link will then ask you what you would like to do. Select “Send Consent Form”. (You can also save the applicant to your Pipeline and later send the consent form to multiple applicants after importing all of them.) **Note**If the applicant name you are searching for matches more than one applicant or you only search by last name and it brings back multiple applicants, be sure to select the right one. We cannot fix or credit orders placed for the wrong applicant.
Order Background Checks after online form is submitted
If you previously added an applicant to your account and were waiting on them to complete the consent form, you can go back to your Pipeline and order the background check once you receive the notification that the application was received. Place a checkmark in the box to the left of their name which will open the Actions menu above the applicant’s table. Click the Action “Order Background Check.” You can also do this for multiple applicants (bulk order) by placing the check next to multiple names and then selecting the Order Background Check option. Do NOT send out the public link found in your Account tab (Registration Link). Using that link will not allow for results to be posted back to Planning Center.
- If you want to use billing references for your orders so that accounting can subtotal your invoices by billing reference, you can add them here: Settings>Billing References>+ New Billing Reference (50 char max).
- Select the package from the drop-down menu and check the box to add alias names if desired. If ordering the Plus package or any package that requires additional information, you will be prompted for those additional details.
- Add Child Safety Training to your order if desired (Bundle 1 and higher). If training is ordered, the applicant will receive a separate email with a link to the online video. There is an exam at the end of the video and a certificate will be issued for 70% and higher. You will be emailed upon training completion, and a link to this certificate will appear in their PC profile too. As with the online form, you may customize this email as well. Training statuses are Invited, Complete and Expired (links expire after 14 days).
- You cannot use the Background Check order button in Planning Center. You must import the applicant and order from Ministry Mobilizer but the results can update the security badge in PC.
Order Background Checks without using the online form
Note: You will need all information required to process the background check including the applicant's social security number.
You cannot use the Background Check order button in Planning Center. You must import the applicant and order from Ministry Mobilizer but the results can update the security badge in PC.
If you are not using our electronic consent form, you may start a new order by going to Background Checks> + Background Check
- Filter/Search for your applicant and click import.
- Complete the required fields (first/last name, SSN (Social Security Number), DOB, Email and State).
- Click Next.
- Select package from the drop-down menu and add training if desired; if your order requires additional information, you will be asked on the subsequent pages.
- Certify order on final page and submit.
Viewing Background Check Results in Planning Center
- Log in to your Planning Center Account
- If you were notified by email that a background check is complete for an applicant, search for that applicant.
- There are two options for background check results.
- If you would prefer to have the ‘Background Check badge’ icon update to green (clear) or red (not clear) and show the date the background check was completed, as well as a link to the report, you will need to send a request to email@example.com to have risk assessment (adjudication) turned on for your account. If the applicant’s results are graded as “Clear” based on No Record criteria, the badge will update as green/clear. If the results return any other value, the badge will update as red/not clear, regardless of whether the applicant meets your criteria for eligibility. You can review the report details by clicking on the link to the report in the details area and in Ministry Mobilizer.
- Here is an example of a profile in Planning Center that is green/clear.
- If you do not want to use our risk assessment option and update the badge in the profile, results will be returned to the Notes field of the profile. Click on “Notes” for that applicant. The status of all orders will be present.
Viewing Child Safety Training Results in Planning Center
- Log in to your Planning Center Account
- If you were notified by email that the training is complete for an applicant, search for that applicant.
- Click on the Notes menu of their profile. All Child Safety Training statuses and results will be present. You can delete any ‘invited’ notes once you receive the completed result.
Note: Protect My Ministry does not delete background check notes or results from Planning Center.