We can run background checks on minors ages 14 and up. However, minors' records are sealed unless they have been tried as an adult.
Some states may not be able to run a search if the applicant is a minor.
You will want to contact your organization's insurance provider to see if they recommend ordering a background check on a minor.
Ordering a background check on a minor is ultimately at the organization's discretion.
The process to order a background check on a minor will be the same steps as if you are ordering a background check on any other applicant. You will want to collect Parental Consent before proceeding.
Manually Entering in Information
If you collect paper forms, obtain a Parental Consent Form. The Parental Consent Form will need to include a place for the minor's signature and the parent/guardian's signature.
- To order, go to the Background Checks menu and click on + Background Check
- Complete the applicant's information
- As soon as you enter in the date of birth of the minor, you will receive the following pop up
- Click on the "OK" button to continue with entering in information and choosing a background check package.
Online Consent Form
Only available for Bundles 2 and higher
The Online Consent Form will NOT have a place for the parent/guardian to sign. You may still need to give the applicant the Parental Consent Form.
- When the minor enters in their date of birth, they will receive a pop up telling them to contact the account admin
- To continue with the Online Form, the applicant must click on the "OK" button on the pop up to fill out the rest of their information.
- Any users with notifications turned on will receive an email notification that a minor has submitted the Online Consent Form.