Our typical turnaround time is up to 72 business hours, but some background checks can take longer depending on various factors.
If your background check is taking longer than 72 business hours, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team to get an ETA.
Note that the ETAs that we receive are only estimated times and are not guarantees of when the background check will be completed.
Common reasons background checks may take longer than expected:
- At least one county or state that is being searched is clerk assisted, meaning a clerk is searching for for physical records
- There are delays at county/state courts due to court staffing and backlog challenges, such as seasonal hiring spikes or COVID-19
- Additional research is required to verify possible records
- If additional research is required, we may reach out to you to get additional information to assist us
- The background check may not have been ordered yet
- If the account has the Bundle 2 subscription or higher, it's possible that just the Online Consent Form has been completed, but a background check may not have been ordered yet. If the Report column in the Pipeline is blank, then a background check has not yet been ordered.
Please reach out to our Support Team at 800-319-5580 or email@example.com to request an ETA if the search has been longer than 72 business hours